Tips and Technique in Acrylics Painting
- For acrylic painting, you must use acrylic brushes that are made from synthetic materials. They can hold the paint well and easy to clean and less expensive.
- Do not over thin acrylics with water with more than about 30 percent of water. It will cause the pigment that has not enough acrylic binder to create a stable paint film.
- You must keep your brush paint wet while painting to make sure the paint does not dry on the brush. You must avoid soak handle of brush in water to prevent the lacquer to peel off. After done your painting, make sure to clean the brushes with soap and water, rinse and dry them well. Make sure you standing up bristles on top while store the brush.
- Acrylics paint dries faster and you must keep the paint wet for easier blend the colors and edges. Use a filbert brush and go to the area you want blended with a clean dry brush to soften the edge even more.
- Use gesso (white paint mixture) as the ground before start painting to smoother canvas surface for the paint to push around on.
- One way to keep the paint moist easily is to mist them with water. Depending on the surface you are painting on, you can water your acrylics down enough to almost resemble watercolor.